Hydromax USA is a professional services firm with the goal of transforming infrastructure data into actionable business intelligence for the owners, operators and consultants charged with the responsibility of maintaining the country’s natural gas distribution, water distribution and wastewater collection utilities. Our team combines experience from design, construction, GIS, engineering and field services disciplines. Since our inception, we have evolved into a dynamic company that combines both traditional and state-of-the-art techniques and technologies in the collection and presentation of utility data.
This non-exempt hourly position will have the responsibility of working as part of a team that provides many different types of maintenance programs, for various utilities throughout the US. Specifically, the Field Services Technician will be primarily responsible for the accurate collection of data and safe transporting and operating all medium size and compact equipment associated with valve and fire hydrant maintenance. In addition, this position will perform repair and maintenance work as directed for established municipalities within the territory. The Field Services Technician position will report to the Lead Technician or Regional Operations Manager.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Safe and efficient operation of company equipment such as, GPS units, valve operators, trucks and other powered equipment.
- Follow all procedures as defined while operating and testing fire hydrants and valves.
- Accurate collection of all required field data as it pertains to valve and fire hydrant maintenance.
- Personnel and traffic safety
Training to be provided:
- Operator certification
- Valve and hydrant assessment, testing and maintenance
- Traffic maintenances
- First Aid and CPR
- Safety driver’s course
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations such as, DUI or reckless driving
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Present a professional appearance
- Pass DOT physical, Drug free and Clean back ground check
- Desire to work over 40-50 hours/week and 3 full weeks on the road
- Ability to understand, read, and write English
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Must be proficient with computers
- Ideally based between Lakeland, FL and Louisville, KY
- 1 year experience in the underground utility, water distribution, maintenance or servicing industry
- Performance driven
- Detail oriented
- Map reading skills
- Ability to understand water systems and concepts
- 6 paid holidays after 60 days of service
- Competitive compensation and benefits available
- Healthcare and retirement benefits available
- Long term career growth potential in expanding national company
- PTO accrual begins upon hire date
- Per Diem paid daily for any full nights away from home
– An Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) –